How to apply
Who can apply for a master’s degree at Polytechnic of Leiria?
- Holders of an under degree course (Bachelor) or legal equivalent; or
- Holders of a foreign Higher Education degree conferred after the first cycle of studies organized in accordance with the Bologna Process by a State signatory of the Bologna declaration; or
- Holders of a foreign Higher Education under degree recognized as reaching the goals set for an under degree by the competent scientific body of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted in; or
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as certifying the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the competent scientific body of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted.
How can I apply for a master’s degree at Polytechnic of Leiria?
The application for a Master’s degree is held online throughout this link – candidaturas.ipleiria.pt – available for this purpose and follows the filling in of a form and the sending of specific documentation identified in the application notice procedures available on each course page.
Each application involves three steps:
- Filling in the application form and submission of the required documentation in the announcement ;
- Payment of the application fee;
What documents are required?*
To consider your application process complete you need to submit the following documents:
- A CV (mandatory);
- Copy of identification documents (mandatory);
- Academic certificate(s) (mandatory);
*The master coordination may also request further information to instruct the application process if needed.
Note: In the case of foreign students, these documents must be authenticated by the Portuguese consulate in the country of origin, or by the Hague Convention, and if they are not written in Portuguese, Spanish, French or English, they must be translated into Portuguese by a translator recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic mission.
How much does it cost?
The master’s degree costs can be found on the page for each master and it can be paid partially. It is added the payment of 60 EUR for the registration fee, fixed and approved in the table of fees and charges of IPLeiria.
- If you are an International Student (Non-EU) please check the conditions below.
Master’s students need also to pay for the school insurance (required at the moment of registration/enrollment per school year) amounting to 3€. The tuition fee is set annually, and the payment is previously scheduled. The first payment is made upon registration procedures.
When to apply
Masters Calendar for 2021/2022
|All masters||1st Phase||2nd Phase*||3rd Phase*|
|Application Period||02 February to 22 April 2021||21 May to 15 July 2021||02 August to 9 September 2021|
|Posting of the admissions public notices||17 May 2021||28 July 2021||20 September 2021|
|Complaints Period||18 and 19 May 2021||29 and 30 July 2021||21 and 22 September 2021|
|Enrollment||20 May to 17 June 2021||02 to 18 August 2021||22 to 29 September 2021|
* The existence of 2nd and 3rd Phase depends on the existence of vacancies remaining from the previous phase. Failure to register on the deadline may result in loss of vacancy.
Notification of Selection Results
20__/20__ Application Results
// ESCOLA SUPERIOR DE TECNOLOGIA E GESTÃO (ESTG) | School of Technology and Management
//Escola Superior de Artes e Design (ESAD) | School of Arts and Design
// Escola Superior de Turismo e Tecnologia do Mar (ESTM)| School of Tourism and Maritime Technology
Enrollment and Tuition Fees
If you are an International Student (Non-EU) and if you have been admitted to a master program, please take a glimpse to our step-by-step procedures:
Step 1 | Application
Payment: Application fee – 60€
// Documents required:
Copy of identification documents
Proficiency in English Certificate
Step 2 | Admission and Enrolment
// Notification of selection results
// Online enrolment: www.portaldoestudante.ipleiria.pt
// Payment: 500€ (enrolment fee) + 600€ (20% tuition fee)
Step 3 | Visa
Begin the visa process to certify the eligibility requirements for entry into Portugal. Please, consult our website with all the details in our international student webpage
Note: We remind you that all the original documents should be authenticated in the Portuguese Embassy, in the country of origin or by the Hague Convention.
Step 4 | Travel Arrangements
// Start making travel arrangements including ticketing.