How to apply
Who can apply for a master’s degree at IPLeiria?
- Holders of an underdegree course (Bachelor) or legal equivalent; or
- Holders of a foreign Higher Education degree conferred after a first cycle of studies organized in accordance with the Bologna Process by a State signatory of the Bologna declaration; or
- Holders of a foreign Higher Education underdegree recognized as reaching the goals set for an underdegree by the competent scientific body of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted in; or
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as certifying the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies by the competent scientific body of the higher education institution where they wish to be admitted.
How can I apply for a master’s degree at IPLeiria?
The application for a Master degree is held online throughout this link – candidaturas.ipleiria.pt – available for this purpose and follows the filling in of a form and the sending of specific documentation identified in the application notice procedures available in each course page.
Each application involves three steps:
- Filling in the application form and submission of the required documentation in the announcement ;
- Payment of the application fee;
What documents are required?*
To consider your application process complete you need to submit the following documents:
- CV (mandatory);
- Copy of identification documents (mandatory);
- Academic certificate(s) (mandatory);
*The master coordination may also request further information to instruct the application process, if needed.
Note: In the case of foreign students, these documents must be authenticated by the Portuguese consulate in the country of origin, or by the Hague Convention, and if they are not written in Portuguese, Spanish, French or English, they must be translated into Portuguese by a translator recognized by the Portuguese diplomatic mission.
How much does it cost?
The master degree costs at IPLeiria varies per academic year. The exact value can be found on the page for each master and it can be paid partially. It is added the payment of 60 EUR for registration fee, fixed and approved in the table of fees and charges of IPLeiria.
- If you are an International Student (Non-EU) please check the conditions below.
Master’s students need also to pay for the school insurance (required at the moment of registration / enrollment per school year) amounting to EUR 2.50. The tuition fee is set annually, and the payment is previously scheduled. The first payment is made upon registration procedures.
When to apply
Masters Calendar for 2018/2019
|All masters||1st Phase||2nd Phase||3rd Phase*|
|Application Period||until April 20||until July 12||until September 12|
|Posting of the admissions public notices||May 7 to 11||July 20 to 25||September 14 to 18|
|Complaints Perid||May 8 to 14||July 21 to 27||September 15 to 19|
|Enrollment 1||May 14 to 25||July 21 to 31||September 17 to 27|
1 The enrollment period does not apply to the applicant under international student status .
*The opening of a 2nd and 3rd stage applications depends on remaining vacancies from the preceding stage.
Notification of Selection Results
2018-2019 Application Results
// ESCOLA SUPERIOR DE TECNOLOGIA E GESTÃO (ESTG) | School of Technology and Management
//Escola Superior de Artes e Design (ESAD) | School of Arts and Design
// Escola Superior de Turismo e Tecnologia do Mar (ESTM)| School of Tourism and Maritime Technology
Enrollment and Tuition Fees
If you are an International Student (Non-EU) and if you have been admitted to a master program, please take a glimpse to our step-by-step procedures:
Step 1 | Pay your enrollment deposit
The process begins with the payment of the enrollment fee of EUR 500 within 5 days (after results are announced), so that we can reserve your place in the course.
Note: Students “admitidos condicionalmente/conditionally admitted ” should wait until final admission.
Credit card | Access the form :
EN – International Student – Tuition Fee Payment here.
ES – International Student – Tuition Fee Payment here.
Step 2 | Acceptance letter
After we receive payment confirmation, we will immediately send you an acceptance letter. Please, let us know your address where you would like to receive it.
Step 3 | Travel arrangements
Once you have your acceptance letter you can start making travel arrangements, including ticketing, passports and visas. Please, consult our website with all the details in our international student webpage
Note: We remind you that all the original documents should be authenticated in the Portuguese Embassy, in the country of origin or by the Hague Convention.
Step 4 | Tuition fee
After visa authorization, you should proceed with the following payments necessary to the enrollment:
//40% of the annual tuition fee payment:
//School insurance payment: 2,5Euros
Note: There is no reimbursement of the application and enrollment fees.