Civil Engineering Programs recognized by ENAEE
IPLeiria is the first Polytechnic Institute in Portugal to be granted the EUR-ACE® label at the bachelor level in Civil Engineering recognized by ENAEE (European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education). The accreditation extended to Master in Civil Engineering as well recognizing quality in Civil Engineering programs at School of Technology and Management of Leiria’s Polytechnic. The distinction confirms education quality in this particular field of study placing these programs among the best in European Universities and Polytechnics.
International accreditation is one of the most significant quality standards when selecting a university for studying, so, students applying for Civil Engineering programs at IPLeiria, may expect greater acceptance throughout Europe. The evaluation system EUR-ACE®, owned by ENAEE analyzes a set of requirements that distinguishes the high-quality engineering courses in Europe and the rest of the world.
The main benefits of the accreditation with the EUR-ACE® seal are the following:
• Ensure that the courses meet European and International QUALITY standards;
• Simplify the application process to other master’s or doctoral programs with the same brand;
• Ensure that the course meets the requirements for registration demanded by associations that regulate the profession in their countries;
• Promotion of professional mobility in accordance with the European directive that recognizes the professional qualifications (Directive 2005/36 / EC);
• Simplification regarding the professional “Engineering CARD”;
• Simplification regarding the European engineering professional title of “EUR ING Title”, promoted by the European Federation of National Engineering Associations (FEANI).
More information can be found: