Nafsa 2019: Global Leadership, Learning and Change
The NAFSA – International Educators’ Association organizes an annual conference that attracts more than 9,000 visitors from worldwide. This year the 71st edition of the NAFSA conference had as main subject “Global Leadership, Learning and Change” and took place in Washington D.C., USA, from May 26-31, with more than 400 exhibitors from around 50 countries.
The Polytechnic of Leiria marked its presence, for the 5th time, being part of the Portuguese delegation with a “Study & Research in Portugal” pavilion sponsored by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
Study & Research in Portugal is a new platform that promotes and support the internationalization of higher education, science and technology across the globe, aiming to be a single point for students, researchers, teachers, families, higher education institutions, research centers and companies.
This event gives not only the opportunity to have contact with the latest trends and good practices in the internationalization of higher education, but also the possibility to:
• Promote through Study & Research in Portugal a unique and attractive image of Portugal in order to engage foreign students and researchers;
• Develop contacts, both with existing partners and with new and potential ones, not only Americans as the world over;
• Deepen knowledge through the sessions and workshops in the conference program;
• Participate in networking actions, including E2E events (Education2Education);
• Reveal the diversity of the offer of each institution and promote this offer with the networks of partners and the Portuguese diaspora in the USA.