Welcome to New Students!
We are very happy of your decision in choosing our institution to carry out your study abroad experience. Now that you are part of Polytechnic of Leiria academic community you will feel a lot of different emotions, perhaps sensations you didn’t even know you had.
Discover all the latest news and information on our facebook, instagram e linkedIn pages.
Let yourself be driven by the feeling of discover a whole new life in Leiria, Caldas da Rainha, Peniche and Marinha Grande, where you have exceptional conditions to live, study, work and be happy!
Start of classes: september 18 (except nursing program).
Check out Schools Calendar.
Welcome reception for new international students
10 QUICK TIPS FOR NEW STUDENTS
- As an IPLeiria student you will have an email account in webmail.my.ipleiria.pt :
- Username: número_de_estudante@my.ipleiria.pt;
- You have free WI-FI in all campi, residence halls, canteens and other IPLeiria spaces. You may find how to configure it at www.ipleiria.pt/dsi and ask for support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may use all the 5 canteens and 8 snacks in all campi. If you buy the ticket meal in advance you’ll pay less for it.
- IPLeiria provides you with conditions that ensure your well-being physically and psychologically. Social Services provides apoitments in several medical specialties.
- If you like sports, you also have a wide range of sports through the sport sector of the Social Services. This sector is organized in 2 areas: Leisure and Competition.
- Your student card allows you to have discounts in bookshops, restaurants, gyms and many other services. Check all Discounts available.
- Go to the CGD bank on our campi to deal with your student card (with or without a bank account).
- All the subjects (curricular units) can be found at the Moodle platform in www.ead.ipleiria.pt .
- If you want to know which books are available in the IPLeiria libraries you don’t need to leave home. You may visit the online library catalogue in www.sdoc.ipleiria.pt;
- The Student Support Service (SAPE) provides you with qualified professional support at a personal, social, psychological and vocational training level.
- If you dream with an international experience, you’ve come to the right place! The IPLeiria Internacional Office will help you to find your way! Please find us in Mobility.
You can find these and other detailed information on the Tips for New Students page.
You may also check our Arrival Guide page that will give advice on planning your travel to Leiria, Caldas da Rainha or Peniche.
When you arrive at our institute you’ll probably be invited from students who are already study in IPLeiria to be part of the academic traditions. Be aware that these activities have there own regulation.
These activities meant to welcome and integrate new students, but participation is voluntary and depends exclusively on the will of each one. The non-participation in these activiteis should’t, under no circustances, have any consequences for the students.
Caixa Geral de Depósitos (CGD) is the bank that is responsible for issuing Student Card of entire academic community of the Polytechnic of Leiria. After your enrollment is confirmed by the School, you can proced with card request. Below you can find the document list that you must prepare and present it in the CGD bank:
- Copy Citizen Card;
- Copy of Tax Number Card;
- Proof of Residence (proof of enrollment in the School, driving license, green insurance letter, title of registration of property, bank statement or certificate of the parish council);
- 1 photo.