Master in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics
The study programme aims to achieve the following generic goals:
1) To enable the progress of the students from the 1st study cycle in computers engineering in ESTGLeiria
2) To develop the 2nd cycle academic offer in the field of computers engineering in ESTG Leiria
3) To obtain highly qualified computers engineers and technicians in the fields of cybersecurity and digital forensics.
4) To develop partnerships with companies of the region through internships, projects and dissertations that may apply best practices in cybersecurity fields.
5) To develop applied research in the field of cybersecurity and digital forensics by the completion of projects and dissertations
6) To promote the transference of advanced knowledge in the fields of of cybersecurity and digital forensics to society
7) To promote a selforiented and autonomous longlife learning study.
|Computers Network Security||1st Semester||6||30 h|
|Digital Forensics I||1st Semester||6||30 h|
|Policy and Risk Analysis for Information Security||1st Semester||6||30 h|
|Secure Administration of Computer Systems||1st Semester||6||30 h|
|Offensive and Defensive Cybersecurity I||1st Semester||6||30 h|
|Offensive and Defensive Cybersecurity II||2nd Semester||6||30 h|
|Digital Forensics II||2nd Semester||6||30 h|
|Management and Analysis of Security Reports||2nd Semester||6||30 h|
|Computer Incident Handling||2nd Semester||6||30 h|
|Project on Security||2nd Semester||6||30 h|
|Dissertation / Project / Internship a)||Annual||60||60 h|
a) The student must choose one of three optional subjects.
Conditions of admission
May apply for access to the course of study leading to a master degree:
- Holders of an undergraduate degree or a legal equivalent In Computers Engineering or related fields.
- Holders of a foreign higher education diploma, granted after a first cycle of studies, under the principles of the Bologna Process, by a State, which has subscribed this Process.
- Holders of a foreign higher education diploma that is recognized as meeting the objectives of an undergraduate degree by the scientific body of ESTG – IPLeiria.
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum, recognized as adequate to attend the study cycle by the scientific body of ESTGIP – Leiria.
All information related to the international student application should be consulted on our International Students webpage.