Master in Healthcare Information Systems Management
The specialized training in Medical Informatics is admittedly an essential action to promote and enhance the national technological developments and create added value for the country’s industry.This is confirmed by the investment made by both the government and the private sector in developing information systems that foster the improvement of the quality of services.The objectives of the
course are those of providing a specialization with special emphasis on Healthcare Information Systems and related technologies, and enabling the continuation of studies to students who have already acquired a degree on Healthcare Informatics, Computer Science, Networks Engineering and professionals in the area of Medical Informatics.
It is expected that the students which are able to successfully conclude this Master course will:
- Be able to apply the knowledge and the skills in problem solving acquired in familiar and unfamiliar situations, in wide and multidisciplinary contexts;
- Possess the capacity to integrate knowledge, deal with complex situations, develop solutions and provide adequate analysis in situation in which the information available is either limited or incomplete, including reflections on the implications and ethical and social responsibilities that may result from those solutions;
- Be able to communicate conclusions an the knowledge acquired to specialists in the Medical Informatics area, as well as to non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous fashion;
- Possess competences that allow them to continuously learn throught their lives in a self oriented and autonomous fashion.
Joint degree from Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and Oporto’s University
|2094101||Research Methods and Scientific Writing||1st Semester||3||1st Year|
|2094102||Statistics and Operational Research applied to Medical Informatics||1st Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094103||Organization and Management of Healthcare Systems||1st Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094104||Strategic Management of Medical Information Systems||1st Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094105||Project Management for Healthcare Informatics||1st Semester||4||1st Year|
|2094106||Electronic Health Records||1st Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094107||Next Generation Communication Networks and Services||1st Semester||3||1st Year|
|2094108||Clinical Decision Support Systems||2nd Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094109||Standards in Medical Informatics||2nd Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094110||Security of Clinical Information Systems||2nd Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094111||Advanced Bioinformatics||2nd Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094112||Biomedical Image Processing||2nd Semester||5||1st Year|
|2094113||Logistics and Management of Health Services||2nd Semester||5||1st Year|
a) Choose one of three optional subjects.
Conditions of admission
People who can apply to the Master’s Degree:
- Holders of an undergraduate degree or a legal equivalent in Computer Sciences for Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Biomechanics, and Health Equipment Technology;
- Holders of a foreign higher education diploma, granted after a first cycle of studies, under the principles of the Bologna Process, by a State, which has subscribed this Process, in Computer Sciences for Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Biomechanics, and Health Equipment Technology;
- Holders of a foreign higher education diploma that is recognized as meeting the objectives of an undergraduate degree by the Technical and Scientific Council of the School of Technology and Management, in Computer Sciences for Healthcare, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Biomechanics, and Health Equipment Technology;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized as certifying the skills to attend this cycle of studies by the Technical and Scientific Council of the School of Technology and Management.
All information related to the international student application should be consulted on our International Students webpage.