Sport and Health for Children and Youth
The Master in Sport and Health for Children and Youth aims to provide a solid background for those who work, or intend to work, with the juvenile population, both aiming Health and Sports Training. Numerous studies conducted in countries like the U.S., Brazil, Canada, USSR and UK, show regular participation in sports activities of more than 70 million teenagers, i.e., more than 80% of young people engage in sport activities during time span. Thus, the creation of this cycle of studies allows the improvement regarding work with children and youth, taking into account their physical and psychological development, in a perspective of health or sports performance. Moreover, it allows the acquisition of new skills for technicians, teachers and coaches, and all those who somehow feel an affinity for this area.
This Master qualifies students to perform tasks in:
- All areas of child and youth development, making them able to design and develop projects of physical activities and sports;
- Deepen the specific technical, educational and scientific knowledge addressed in a 1st cycle degree, to perform the duties with children and youth;
- Apply knowledge with creativity, openness and flexibility, leading to create own opportunities;
- Work in team, leading to the personal skills awareness and development of planning, training and teaching skills;
- Increase research skills, gathering the tools inherent to autonomous operation;
- Assemble the knowledge and skills, making them appropriate to different ages and contexts (health or sport).
|2079101||Motor Learning and Control||S1||5||1º Ano|
|2079104||Exercise Physiology||S1||5||1º Ano|
|2079106||Motricidade Infantil||S1||5||1º Ano|
|2079102||Infant Motor Activities||S1||5||1º Ano|
|2079103||Developmental Psychology||S1||5||1º Ano|
|2079110||Assessment and Exercise Prescription||S2||5||1º Ano|
|2079107||Research Methods||S2||5||1º Ano|
|2079108||Nutrition and Body Composition||S2||5||1º Ano|
|2079112||Option I||S2||5||1º Ano|
|2079111||TIC na Construção e Partilha de Conhecimento em Saúde e Desporto||S2||5||1º Ano|
|2079109||Trauma and Injuries||S2||5||1º Ano|
Conditions of admission
May apply to the master course:
a) Holders of a first degree or equivalent, awarded by national higher education institution in the areas of Sports Science, Health and other related fields;
b) Holders of a foreign academic degree, or equivalent, awarded following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process in the areas of Sport Sciences, Health, or related field;
c) Holders of a foreign academic degree that is recognized by the Scientific-Technical Council of ESECS and ESSLei, as meeting the goals of the first degree in Sport Science, Health or related field;
d) The holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized by the ScientificTechnical Council of ESECS and ESSLei, as attesting the capacity to carry out this cycle of studies.
All information related to the international student application should be consulted on our International Students webpage.