Master’s Degrees Applications
If you want to study for a master’s degree at Politécnico de Leiria, you need to apply via the Applications Portal.
Make sure you have all your supporting documents scanned and ready to upload.
Who can apply
- Holders of a bachelor’s degree.
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree, that was awarded after accomplishing a 1st cycle of studies, and is structured according to the principles of the Bologna Process in an adhering country to this process.
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree that is recognised to meet the objectives of the bachelor’s degree by the Politécnico de Leiria’s Scientific Council.
- In duly justified cases, holders of a scientific or professional curriculum, which is recognised as attesting the capacity to accomplish this cycle of studies by the Politécnico de Leiria’s Scientific Council.
Documents vary by course, so always check the master’s webpage for which specific documents are needed. Required documents usually include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of ID card/passport
- Grade transcript with full course list and grades
- English language certificate with a minimum level of B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
International applicants may also be asked to submit these documents authenticated by the competent authorities for this purpose (Portuguese consulate or the Hague Convention).
If the original language of the CV and the grade transcript is neither Portuguese, Spanish, French or English, then it must be translated by a translator recognised by the Portuguese consulate.
When submiting your application, you will have to pay a 60€ fee.
Tuition fees vary depending on the master’s programme, so always check the master’s webpage for more detailed information.
When registering in the Politécnico de Leiria, international students must pay a registration fee (500€), the annual Personal Accident Insurance (3€), as well as the first instalment of your annual tuition fees.
When you’re notified of your admission to Politécnico de Leiria, you will need to register. Read more about the registration process for international students.
|2021/2022||1st Phase||2nd Phase*||3rd Phase*|
|Application Submission||2 February to 22 April 2021||21 May to 15 July 2021||2 August to 12 September 2021|
|Results||17 May 2021||28 July 2021||20 September 2021|
|Claiming Period||18 – 19 May 2021||29 – 30 July 2021||21 – 22 September 2021|
|Enrolment and registration||20 May to 17 June 2021||2 to 18 August 2021||22 to 29 September 2021|
*Second and third phases only open when there are vacancies left over from the previous phase. If you fail to enrol before the deadline, you may lose your place.