EATSA Conference 2016
The 2nd Annual Conference of EATSA – Euro-Asia Tourism Studies Association, that will take place in Portugal, next June 26-30th 2016, is an international forum for researchers and industry experts to exchange information regarding advances in the state of the art and application of tourism, hospitality and leisure management in the region of Euro-Asia.
The conference will be held in three different cities (see Location):
26-27 June, 2016 – LISBON (University of Lisbon)
28-29 June, 2016 – PENICHE (School of Tourism and Maritime Technology)
30 June, 2016 – COIMBRA (University of Coimbra)
(The bus trips Lisbon/Peniche and Peniche/Coimbra, including the city tours, will be a courtesy of the organization)
The objectives of the EATSA Conference 2016 are:
- To provide an open forum for research and education in the field of tourism, hospitality and recreation in Asia and Europe.
- Promote the dialogue among scholars of all scientific disciplines engaged in the tourism studies, in order to move from the current multi-disciplinary approach to a more integrated and trans-disciplinary approach.
- Encourage the exchange of research results, practical experience, sharing new ideas and research projects, and developing research networks among members and their institutions.
- Promote a more intensive cooperation between European and Asian scholars in the fields of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation.
- Foster more close connections between tourism academia and tourism industry.
- To explore and discuss new perspectives on tourism and regional development in order to promote new methodological and empirical approaches.
We welcome submissions addressing the EATSA Annual Conference theme Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation in Europe and Asia.
Aiming to cover all research dynamics related to the fields of tourism, hospitality and recreation in Asia and Europe, the scope of the conference is large enough to encompass the diversity of research issues and problematics. All these issues can be categorized according to the following seven tracks:
- Track 1: Cutting edge research in tourism and leisure studies
- Track 2: Tourism policy, regional development and planning
- Track 3: Sustainable tourism development
- Track 4: Tourism and hotel management
- Track 5: Tourism marketing
- Track 6: Cultural tourism, cultural heritage and social dynamics
- Track 7:Tourism Innovation and Human Ecology
- Track 8: Special interests tourism
For a detailed description of each track, please click here: conference themes
The EATSA 2016 consists of four types of sessions:
- Keynote Sessions on themes of a major interest for the conference attendees; that will involve invited tourism academics and experts.
- General Sessions – International Collaboration Forum: In this special forum, participants can share their project in progress or imply an idea with the audience. By way of presentation and full interaction between the presenter and the audience, all participants would either win support or involve themselves with collaboration from different countries/regions. Issues of the forum include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Research projects;
- Exchange activities;
- Educational programs;
- Industrial development.
- Parallel Sessions on a range of topics that will follow the format of presentations and discussion with the attendees.
- Graduate Seminar provides PhD students with a forum to present and to discuss their research, and an opportunity to get feedback from and exchange comments with established researchers in Tourism and fellow PhD students.
We invite academics, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy makers, decision makers and technicians to submit scientific papers (please see Instructions for Authors).