We’re a public higher education institution founded in 1980 and established across the region of Leiria and Oeste. We’re committed to high standards of education and research and concerned about producing knowledge of high cultural, economic and social value.
We have five schools, located in the cities of Leiria (the School of Education and Social Sciences; the School of Technology and Management; and the School of Health Sciences), Caldas da Rainha (School of Arts and Design) and Peniche (School of Tourism and Maritime Technology).
Our work is driven by five core values: inclusion, cooperation, responsibility, innovation, and critical and entrepreneurial thinking.
Why choose Politécnico de Leiria?
- We were the first institution in Portugal to offer some of the programmes that today exist in the Portuguese higher education system.
- We invest in innovative and high-quality teaching practices.
- We offer many bachelor’s and master’s programmes taught fully in English.
- We promote a culture of evaluation and quality, which means that our programmes are regularly assessed by internal and external officers.
- We work closely with the surrounding community. As a proactive organisation, we facilitate and promote an entrepreneurial mindset.
Education and Social Sciences Campus 1 . Leiria
School of Technology and
Management Campus 2 . Leiria
School of Arts and
Design Campus 3 . Caldas da Rainha
School of Tourism and
Maritime Technology Campus 4 . Peniche
School of Health
Sciences Campus 2 . Leiria
Facts and Numbers
- BACHELOR’S programmes
- MASTER’S programmes
- POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Short cycles (tesp)