If you’re a non-EU national applying to a bachelor’s degree at Politécnico de Leiria, you can benefit from the International Student Status when submitting your application.
How to apply
To apply to a bachelor’s programme at Politécnico de Leiria, international applicants have to go through the Special Call for International Students.
Please check the language and academic qualifications required for bachelor’s programmes below.
The application is done online at the Applications Portal.
- Copy of a valid ID card/passport.
- Portuguese secondary school diploma or foreign equivalent.
- Letter issued by the applicant’s country authorities assuring the candidate has the right to and the necessary competences to apply for a bachelor’s degree at a foreign higher education institution.
- Copy of Portuguese secondary school leaving exams results transcript, or equivalent.
- Copy of their country’s secondary school leaving exams results transcript.
- Copy of certificate stating the candidate has passed their country’s secondary school leaving exams, which are equivalent to Portuguese ones. It must include their final results and rating scales.
- Language proficiency certificate of the language in which the study programme is taught.
- Copy of certificate stating the candidate has completed secondary school education and has studied subjects of similar level and content of the ones studied by Portuguese students. It must include their final results and rating scales.
- For applicants addmited to the School of Health Sciences, it is also mandatory to bring a proof of achievement of the prerequisite Interpersonal Communication – Group A (type of proof: medical questionnaire declaration).
- For applicants addmited to the Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Therapy, it is also mandatory to bring a declaration written by a Speech Therapist, attesting the absence of language and/or speech disorders and the mastery of oral and written Portuguese language.
- Power of attorney, when the application is submitted by State Attorney.
International students must be proficient in the language the study programme is taught (B2 level), according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
International students without a B2 level can also apply, as long as they attend a language course at Politécnico de Leiria, in the language in which the study programme is taught, that will enable them to achieve the above-mentioned level.
Students who have attended secondary school in the language in which the study programme is taught, are not required to comply with the above rules.
If the applicant holds a Portuguese secondary school diploma, or a legally Portuguese equivalent qualification, their academic qualifications will be assessed based on the National Call for Admission to Higher Education.
If the applicant does not hold a Portuguese or foreign secondary school diploma, their qualifications will be assessed based on documentary evidence of:
- Educational achievement in exams of similar level and content than those of the students admitted through the general access regime for the study cycle, including the corresponding final results and rating scales;
- And/or educational achievement in a level of education that provides acquisition of knowledge in subjects of similar level and content than those of the students admitted through the general access regime for the study cycle, including the corresponding final results and rating scales.
In any case, applicants can ask to sit the Portuguese higher education admission exams. They take place at Politécnico de Leiria and are similar to the Portuguese secondary school leaving exams.
|Communication and Media||8|
|Sports and Well-Being||5|
|Applied Portuguese Language||40|
|Human Relations and Organisational Communication||8|
|Human Relations and Organisational Communication (EaD)||4|
|Translation and Interpretation Portuguese/Chinese – Chinese/Portuguese||5|
|Accountancy and Finance||4|
|Electrical and Computer Engineering||7|
|Energy and Environmental Engineering||8|
|Industrial Engineering and Management||5|
|Games and Multimedia||10|
|Interior and Spatial Design||2|
|Product Design – Ceramic and Glass||2|
|Graphic Design and Multimedia Design||4|
|Cultural Programming and Production||4|
|Sound and Image||3|
|Tourism and Recreation||5|
|Marine Biology and Biotechnology||10|
|Restaurant and Catering Management||5|
|Tourism and Hotel Management||10|
|Marketing for Tourism||5|
|Dietetics and Nutrition||6|
Settling into Politécnico de Leiria checklist
1. Apply and get the results
- Apply at the Applications Portal.
- Get the results notification.
2. Register and pay
- Register at the Student Portal.
- Pay the registration fee (€500) and 20% of your annual tuition fees (€600).
3. Get a Portuguese study visa
- Visa advice for international applicants.
TIP: The process of verifying the authenticity of official documents may be quicker if you take the original copies of the required documentation with you to the Portuguese consulate.
4. Travel to Portugal
- Gather all the documentation you need and plan your journey.
- Pack your bags and we’ll be here ready and excited to welcome you.
|1.ª Fase||2.ª Fase|
|Período de candidaturas||22 de janeiro a 15 de abril 2021||7 de maio a 30 de junho 2021|
|Período de realização de provas1||–||08 e 09 de julho 2021|
|Publicação de resultado das candidaturas 2||04 de maio de 2021||19 de julho 2021|
|Período de reclamações||05 e 06 de maio de 2021||19 e 20 de julho 2021|
|Matrículas||07 a 31 de maio 2021||21 de julho a 17 de agosto 2021|
2 Serão resultados provisórios para os candidatos aos cursos que exijam satisfação de pré-requisitos ou cuja situação o candidato obrigue à realização de provas.
Informação sobre Júri das Provas de Avaliação
Se a sua admissão está condicionada à realização de provas, consulte os conteúdos e realize a sua inscrição aqui.